Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Dinner at the Kitchen



Aldo, my little Latin brother. He is 14 years old and has an older brother named Bryan. Both of them claim me and watch out for me. Both of them have been helping in the kitchen since day one. They are very supportive and loving.









Franci is my "Catracha"--Honduran. Not long after I met her, she began calling me her "Gringa"--American. She has recently gotten jealous with my involvement in Sunday school. She told her mom that I had too many other kids. Yet, whenever I have a chance, this precious three-year-old is in my arms.





Melissa worked really hard to give an elegant touch to the party. These women never have experienced the fancy plates and glassware. At first, you could see the tension on their faces as they were unsure of how to act. Later, they appreciated even the littlest details that were added to highlight the day.








Neither I, nor Melissa, nor Brandy, nor my American friends that came by were able to taste the desserts. The workers and kids cleaned out the table. We Americans didn't even stand a chance.












Each worker and active volunteer was invited along with their families) to join in our feast. Each family left with a tub of goodies as a small thank you for their hard work and service to the community.

From Left to Right:

Back Row: Bryan, Katrina, me, Aldo, Alora, Melissa with Suani.

Middle Row: Reyna with Margarita, Keydi, Xiomara, mom of Ines, Ines, Evelin, Veronica, Iris with Carolina.

Front Row of Kids: Marco, Little Keydi, Alexander, Lesbi, Nicol.

No comments: