Saturday, March 18, 2006

Okay, Terry, you win...

Okay, yes, you win...no more sandals, flip-flops, etc. I have learned my lesson.

Every Saturday, I like to go to Mololoa and visit with the community. I have some guys and gals up there who have captured my heart--literally captured. I love going to see them; all week, I look forward to the weekend to spend time with them.

Today, I went in my flip-flops. What can I say, I have a tad of a rebellious spirit in me that loves the fact that I can break that TORCH rule a little. All I can say is that you shouldn't work with shovels, pick-axes, and poop mud while wearing sandals. Yes, Terry, you are right on that one.

Now, most of you who know me are confused, because I am fairly intelligent. When I left this morning, I had NO idea I would be working on "moving a mountain". [I love that phrase.] When I got there, I found Oneda working at the church with the two preachers and a few other members. They were clearing out an area next to the church for a classroom to be built on. Well, you know me...I love to help in any way, especially physically.

So, I got straight to work...but truth be told, I had more fun playing with the kids there. The kids of the parents working all know me. I adore them. Today's fun little game was "Gringa...Catracha." These cute little girls liked peeking around the corner of the church and getting my attention by saying the slang term for American. As soon as I looked and grinned, they would run off giggling to another corner of the church. They loved it the most when I would call them the slang term for Honduran.

So, I had another great afternoon. Working, playing, loving. They are what I do best.

Love you all,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Terry Reeves said...

I love it when I am right..

Terry

Terry Reeves said...

Hey, you know why no one else has responded to this blog??? Because they are in shock that you would break the rule in the first place!!!!! Ha ha ha ha. Got ya!

Terry