Wednesday, December 07, 2005

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5...

YES!!! 10 days and counting until I arrive in Nashville! Am I excited? You bet!!!

What am I excited about? Seeing family and friends! Nothing else matters. Well, not entirely true...I can't wait for Casa's chips, cheap bookstores, Dairy Queen blizzards, the Harry Potter movie, Red Lobster biscuits, Wal-Mart having every item on the face of the earth, and Arby's lunch menu. But really, I am dreadful of the materialistic society I will be entering.

Please pray that the Lord guard my heart from the evil desires that can crowd the love. Please pray that my mind be full of wisdom and compassion. I do not want to get wrapped up in the "ease" of having everything. In Honduras, I don't suffer by any means. Yet, it is a different lifestyle that helps prevent materialism. Please pray that any culture shock I experience may bring me closer to our God above and His will.

I love you all and anticipate seeing you!

No comments: