Saturday, June 02, 2007

Yes, I am alive!

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have wondered where I have been. I apologize for dropping off the edge of the planet. I am back, and I am not alone.

One month ago, Josue (Joshua) proposed. I gladly accepted, and we are in the process of determing where (well, 90% chance here in Honduras) and when, etc.

Most of you don't know him, so let me introduce you the best I can when we are so far apart...

The thing I love most about him is how he truly loves our Lord and is always seeking His will. He completely supports the work I am doing here and has been a shoulder to lean on in the hard times. He is active in his church (Los Pinos), so he doesn't attend Sunday morning worship with me. However, on random Wednesday and Saturday nights, he will come to Mololoa to worship and serve. I say serve, because he literally does most times. We have so few men that he has led singing as well as said prayers.















I love his work ethic. He always does a job to his best ability. He works in construction and remodeling. I have not found one thing he cannot do. He has done a few jobs for the kitchen and church in helping with repairs as well as original work.
















Another thing I adore about him is how happy he makes me. He knows exactly what to say in any given situation to make me smile or laugh. Even when I am angry with him, he makes me laugh. He has this unique ability to find the good in everyone and every situation. This talent just makes him fun to be around and loved by all. I have yet to meet anyone that does not appreciate his relaxing personality.

I am grateful in how God brought us together. I can't imagine anyone that could make me any happier in this life on earth.


The beauty of our relationship is in how we are seeking to serve God together and follow His guidance.


Please pray for us to continue to grow closer to our Father so that we can grow closer to each other.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! Congratulations! I am so happy for you :) Keep us posted on wedding details. We will keep you in our prayers.
Love, Mardee