Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back in Tegucigalpa

Yesterday I returned to Tegucigalpa. My trips to Gatlinburg, Nashville, Sarasota, and Ruskin went well. I was blessed to spend time with friends and family and meet many new people. Thank you to all of you who were involved in my presentations. You all were very encouraging, and I hope to hear from you soon.

My welcome back was incredible. Before I left, I estimated my return to be on the 15th, and Randy repeated that while I was gone. When I bought my ticket for the 14th, Randy didn’t inform anyone so that I could surprise them. He picked me up from the airport and took me straight to Mololoa. By the time I arrived, the groups had already finished eating, but the ladies were still working. So, Randy went up to distract them while I hid in the car. I got up most of the way before I was spotted by one of them. Then they came out screaming and smiling. There was a big group hug; Oneyda and Evelin were so overcome with joy that they cried.

Then, the kids heard the adults making so much noise that they came barreling into the commotion. I have never had so many hugs in such a short period of time. Every corner I turned, I heard my name. Every kid wanted to play—so, of course, that’s what I did. I had pulled an all-nighter preparing to leave and was “dead-dog” tired. But something about kids can refresh you. However, when we arrived at the house, I fell asleep on the couch before dinner time.

The welcome continued as I was able to spend the day in Mololoa as the groups came through. I would like to say I worked, but I found myself visiting and playing with kids. A special thanks from the kids goes out to Jenny Lovell’s family. Today with their fried plantains, rice, beans, and tortillas, the kids received candy. They were so THRILLED! It was an unexpected treat that they loved. Buying candy for 200 kids isn’t a regular thing in our budget, but Jenny’s kids were gracious enough to share their Halloween goodies.

Thanks to all of you for everything!

Love ya,
Jennifer

No comments: