Sunday, August 14, 2005

One of those days...

Have you ever just had "one of those days"? And I mean the good kind--just a great day!

Today I attended church at Los Pinos--a community we worked at the past two years. I was able to see old friends and special friends. I have known a girl named Pati for the past four years. She is the niece of Timateo Estrada (an active Honduran in the TORCH projects). Timateo told her father of my expected attendance at the church, so they made a special trip to Los Pinos.

What a blessing to worship beside the ones you love! I will never be able to express or explain the magnitude of this act. We share in our love for the Lord as well as our love for our fellow Christians. I may know few Spanish words, but Pati and I cherish every single one. The time spent in fellowship was incredible.

During the service, I pondered about how many millions of Christians were worshipping today. Here I was in a Spanish service while friends back home were listening to English. However, around the globe were French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, etc.--the tower of Babel coming together to praise our God.

No comments: